HIV/AIDS EDUCATION PROGRAMME
The Ministry of Labour implemented its HIV/AIDS Education Programme in 2001 in accordance with the government’s strategic plan to reduce the incidence and level of HIV/AIDS through the introduction of a comprehensive programme on the management, prevention and control of the disease.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To promote a supportive ethical and human rights environment in the workplace for people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS.
- To reduce the vulnerability of the formal and informal sectors of the workforce through large-scale sensitisation of constituents.
- To reduce the incidence of discrimination against persons living with HIV
Resulting from these actions, it is expected that there will be a reduction of:
- Stigma and discrimination against persons living with HIV and AIDS
- The incidence of HIV and AIDS amongst all workers