Over the past decade, the Labour Department has been actively raising HIV awareness and advocating for the protection of the rights of workers, including those living with HIV and other life threatening illnesses. We are planning to mark this significant initiative by collaborating with the Barbados Defence Force to host a ‘Walk for HIV Awareness’.
The walk is scheduled to take place on Sunday 3rd March, 2019 at 3:00 pm with warm up exercises by the BDF. The route is as follows: Warrens Office Complex, exit at rear (opposite Massy), turn left towards the Gordon Cummins section of the ABC Highway, left at the lights at the Hinds Hill junction, left at Well Gap and follow the road via Lodge Hill and Lodge Road returning to the Warrens Office Complex. The BDF will also have cool down exercises at the end.
A brief prize –giving ceremony has been scheduled for the end of event. Prizes will be on offer for the following categories of participants:
- oldest and youngest completing males and females;
- first, second and third place.
While there is no registration fee, participants are asked to:
- register by contacting the Labour Department at 535-1524/23 on or before 25th February, 2019,
- wear something red and/or an HIV themed T-Shirt , and
- bring items or donations towards the HIV Food Bank.